2022, yet another big year full of challenges and exciting growth and opportunity. Once more, we thank our families for their support, feedback and suggestions during this time.
Thankfully, this year, there has been much to celebrate!
- Provided 4447 classes to 2,000 students with a record amount of students progressing through the Swim and Survive levels with their life saving swimming skills
- Nillumbik Leisure Facilities in partnership with Aligned Leisure, launched fully funded trainee scholarships to provide employment opportunities to the community. 19 new swim teachers in total have benefitted from funded courses and we look forward to opening up many more class spaces next year.
- We welcomed back 15 Schools, to our schools swimming program
- Visited 24 kindergartens to provide water safety information sessions
- Our Little Wonder Explorers program delivered to over 1,300 attendances
Such a rewarding year that we leave behind as we now look forward to sharing 2023 with you all, continuing to teach students important, life saving skills.
Have a safe and enjoyable break.
Head of Aquatics
Term Dates and Summer Suspension
Semester 2, 2022 will finish on Sunday December 11th, 2022
Semester 1, 2023 will begin Monday January 16th, 2023
Free Summer suspension is available to all swim school membership holders from 12 December to 15 January. To apply the suspension please fill out the Suspension request form found HERE.
Once suspended the membership benefits including free entry to the Eltham Leisure Centre and Diamond Creek Outdoor Pool for swimming, and free entry to the Family Fun Days, will be not be available to you.
Water Safety Week 5th to 11th December
This Monday 5th December, is Water Safety Week in our Learn to Swim Program!
Students will learn skills to survive in multiple simulated environments, practice lifejacket safety and discuss then practice how to safely save a friend in need.
To help simulate accidental fall ins we request that all students wear an old jumper and pants to their lesson during this week.
Access and Inclusion and Infant classes are welcome to join in the full clothed simulation but it is not required.
Summer Family Fun Days
Join us at for our Family Fun Days across Nillumbik Leisure Facilities this summer with pool Inflatables, Zorb Balls, Water Polo, music, free BBQs and plenty of fun!
Diamond Creek Outdoor Pool
- Thursday 15th December – 4.00pm to 6.00pm
- Wednesday 18th January – 4.00pm to 6.00pm
Eltham Leisure Centre
- Tuesday 20th December – 12.00pm to 2.00pm
- Friday 6th January – 2.00pm to 4.00pm
*Pool inflatable at Diamond Creek Outdoor Pool Only.
Free for swim lesson students not suspended on summer break.
Little Wonders Explorers Christmas Party
Little Wonders Explorers is a FREE safety and water familiarisation program for little ones aged 4 to 12 months of age. Join us in December, for our Little Wonders Explorers Christmas party!
- Wednesday 7th December – 12.10pm to 1.10pm
- Thursday 8th December – 11am to 12pm
Bookings will be available online HERE 24 hours prior, with 25 places open for each session.
VICSWIM at Nillumbik Leisure Facilities
We are excited to again be supporting VICSWIM this summer with their Summer Kidz program returning to Eltham Leisure Centre and Diamond Creek Outdoor Pool!
VICSWIM is a state government funded holiday program ensuring lessons are affordable for all. At a weekly rate of $35 for five 30 minute lessons, children can participate for 1, 2, or 3 of the weeks the program is run. Nillumbik Leisure facilities further support VICSWIM by providing free entry and free lane hire with no supervisors fee’s for parents to attend and watch the lessons.
Registrations open 10.00am on November 30 via VICSWIM at https://vicswim.com.au/
For more information about the VICSWIM program, please contact VICSWIM here: https://vicswim.com.au/about/